Disclaimer: My kid is not your kid.

This post is based on seven years of biomedical intervention experience with my own child.  I am hoping the message that I’m about to convey will help parents with their own child’s recovery.  So please don’t take what I am about to write as me being hurtful or rude.  I just want to be helpful and save you a lot of stress in the long run.   So here it goes…

My kid is not your kid.

I’m sure our children are different in a lot of ways.

For example, my son loves BMX, Mario Brother games, and math.  He hates spelling, puzzles, and any sort of action figure…. oh and ketchup.  He hates ketchup…. says it smells like hands?

photo (1)

Our children are different on the inside too.

I will never forget that first appointment with our DAN doctor.  He sat me down and flat out said “There is no silver bullet for these kids”   He meant in regards to recovering.   There was no specific set of supplements that would make all our kids recover.  Honestly I wish to God it was that simple.  You know, like how western medicine acts to MANY conditions.  Pop a pill and you’re all better.  YAY!

But autism spectrum disorder is not that way.  Underneath it all, there are multiple medical conditions going on.   Things like clostridia, mito dysfunction, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter imbalances, food allergies….Just to name a few.

Some kids with autism are completely non-verbal.  Others are very verbal.  Some children have tic behaviors, others do not.   Children on the spectrum have different stimming behaviors.   My son was a drooler, toe walker, head dragger, let me push my entire body weight into you, and make you almost fall over even though I only weigh 30lbs….. kind of kid.

No two kids are the same.   There is no silver bullet!  And yes, that really sucks!!

During the seven years I have been in the biomed community I have met parents whom have children with:

– high metals

– high vitamin D

– the MTHFR gene mutation

My son has none of these issues.

I have met parents whom have children with:

– Only 1 food allergy

–  Have huge improvements with Vitamin B6

– Rave about Epsom Salt

– Have high levels of ammonia

Again….. not my son.  He had 5 food allergies, 30 food sensitivities, B6 made him so hyper and caused him to have sleep apnea at night cause he snored so loud while on it.   Epsom salt made him irritable.

Our children are all individuals right down to the core.  No wonder there is no “silver bullet” of treatment.

So what is one to do?

I am just a mom.   But I can tell you the one thing that I have found in common with all our children.  THEY NEED THE RIGHT TESTS RUN!!  My biomed motto has become “Don’t guess, do a test”

If I had to narrow it down to 4 tests to start out with on your biomed journey,  they would be the Genova Diagnostics NutrEval & CDSA,  Alletess’s IgG & IgE allergy panel, and the 23andMe genetic testing.  (click here for more info)

Through testing we found out what exactly was going on inside my son.  More information than I could post here in one sitting.  But a small sample would be, at one time he had high yeast (which is now in normal levels),  BHMT/CBS homozygeous mutations (TMG  works great for him),  He’s overly sensitive to Epsom Salt, and strong chelators are not good for him,   He was really low in vitamin B1, but his B6 and B12 are normal.

I have had parents ask me questions about supplements my son is on.   And I am very happy to help answer any questions they have about the actual supplement.  What it is used for, what it is suppose to help with. I will also tell them about my sons experience on that particular supplement.   But I want to urge parents to never start a supplement, just because it helped someone else’s child.   That can lead to horrible outcomes and regression.   Always remember our children are individuals and have their own specific set of needs.    Needs that you won’t exactly know of if you don’t do testing.   Testing lays the ground work for your child’s recovery.

If you find a supplement that you think might help your child, research it.  Refer to your child’s test results to see if it might be a good fit. Most importantly, talk to your DAN doctor about it before starting your child on a new supplement.  Get their opinion, and find out the correct dosage your child would need.

Remember why most of us stopped trusting western medicine in the first place, and turned to biomedical intervention.  We wanted to know WHY this was happening to our kids, and how to properly fix it.  We didn’t want a band-aid treatment.   We knew it was going to be a lot of work, and we knew that recovery wasn’t going to be “instant potatoes”.  Healing takes time.   But with black and white test results in front of us, it can make this journey a little easier.   We can physically look down at a test and see what we are dealing with!

Our children are individuals, and we need to remember that when it comes to treatment.

1. Adia
    Adia February 23, 2014 at 12:48 pm | | Reply

Thanks so much for this post. You’re a very good mentor to us parents just starting the road of biomedicine. Thanks again, Adia

2. Brandi W.
    Brandi W. February 26, 2014 at 4:57 am | | Reply

Awesome post! Without testing we would have had NO idea where to begin with Carson. You are a wonderful source of information and this blog is what led me to biomed treatment. I’ll forever be grateful!

3. Becky
    Becky May 9, 2014 at 8:30 pm | | Reply

I loved this post & loved “Don’t guess, do a test”. That is totally my mentality. 🙂 My 5 year old has lost almost all of her autism symptoms through targeted biomed. I am so grateful- EVERY day. God bless you for the effort you put into sharing about biomed!

4. Marcelo
    Marcelo June 26, 2014 at 9:50 am | | Reply

Hi Kimberly, please,

I am starting a journey very similar of yours. We are from Brazil, the biomedical treatment here is very difficult to find. My son has many points similar to yours. He is with low ferritin, but iron in blood is fine. I would like to ask why TMG helped you. Why TMG increase ferritin levels? I am trying to find more about that but there is almost nothing in the web, I found something about betaine Hcl that help absorb nutrients from the food and because of that can help with ferritin, vit D, etc. But I think there is some difference from TMG and betaine Hcl. Could you please explain or give some link that I will be able to learn more about this issue. I am almost giving him Iron, but I saw some studies that it can cause harm when there is mitochondrial disfunction. Can you say please how was your child levels of homocysteine and methyl malonic acid at the first tests? Thank you very much! With my best wishes, Marcelo

5. Marcelo
    Marcelo June 26, 2014 at 10:02 am | | Reply

Just to continue the previous question. Do you know if DMG has the same effect in increase ferritin levels? My son’s homocysteine is fine, but it is more close to low than high, because of that I am afraid that TMG makes homocysteine even slower! Thank you again!

6. Holly
    Holly November 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm | | Reply

Hello,

I have been searching feverishly on the web for a place with some hope…

I apologize in advance for all my questions and long winded post but I cant seem to find the right answer and ones I can trust…

My youngest son at 26months, has been flagged as a possibly on spectrum child, although I think the evaluators were trying to put it to us easily. Ive known it for some time and it has taken some convincing for my husband to believe, however now he is fully on board since our recent Early Intervention Evaluation. He does not talk just babbles, he grinds his teeth, jumps a lot, he even wakes in the middle of the night to jump up to 30mins some nights until he calms to sleep. He doesn’t throw tantrums, he just gets very upset when restrained even slightly for haircuts, nail cutting, ear exams especially, etc. Overall he is a very happy kid with simple and consistent wants. His older brother who I suspected to possibly have Asbergers many years ago (as he had may similar symptoms except for the speech delays), is upset that his younger brother doesn’t like him around, always pushes him away from him.
    It breaks my heart.

I don’t know how much is connected but this is all I know…He had “black tongue” at three months thrush fungus issue which seemed treated with drops. I had horrible bacterial and hormonal acne when I was pregnant with him which Ive never had my whole life. After vaccinations he seemed to regress especially around 10 months…He used to say “yellow”,”doggy”, “green”, baba, “no no no”, etc. Now nothing, he just pulls us around the house and shows us what he wants or puts our hands on things. He’s very recently in the last few weeks become very picky eater. We are going to put him on the CFGF diet slowly starting this week. He does sit with us briefly and likes to be held he does look in our eyes and laugh but inconsistently and only when he wants. Everything is always only on his terms… I think the eye contact is what confused my husband about the diagnosis he was ignoring all the stims like the grinding teeth and head dragging across the floor.

I had so many thoughts since his eval last week and then I ran into someone who mentioned TMG that they have been giving to their son for almost 10 years and without it there is a noticeable difference. So I started doing research and with that research I’ve gotten increasingly scared, angry, and overwhelmed.

The testimonies, the videos, with account after account of children recovering from Autism. I want to thank you for putting so much information together. It almost seems like there is an intentional lack of information out there to deter any investigation into a possible conspiracy of vaccination and most likely environmental causes such as GMO crops and toxins.

Anyhow, we are just at the beginning. I came across your site today and am still reading thorough. so forgive me if you have listed this elsewhere but what would you say your recommendation for steps in the process would be after finding out?

Im trying to come up with a tackle and goal list. This is all Ive been able to come up with…

1) Early Intervention (from now until needed)
    2) DAN doctor
    3) Tests (I guess the 4 you listed to start with)
    4) Vitamins/Supplements/Injections

Are there more people we should or could be in touch with?

We are on a waiting list for a Developmental Pediatrician but due to the lack of the in my South Jersey area the wait is 6months up a year to be seen! If we have a developmental Pediatrician does that mean we don’t need the DAN doctor do they essentially do the same thing??? Its $425 for the closest (1hr and 30mins away) only as early as Jan, just for the initial consultation and meet. They do not take insurance and I’ve searched DAN doctors databases even the one you have linked on your site and I cant find any in our area. Are there any other docs we can seek for prescription testing help? I wont be able to understand the home-kit test and my husband is so antsy to try DMG and or TMG but I don’t want to experiment with him we need to know what he needs per his levels and results.

There are Chelation Doctors for the heavy metal testing, anti-fungal treatments, etc, but will the DAN doctor do that or get us in touch with who can? There are so many treatments and of course we have to get results first there but is the DAN doctor the only one person we should be seeking for help with all of this or do we need to contact individual specialists for each??

Again sorry for all this, I’m sure you understand. We feel alone with who to contact and who to get on the right track without loosing too much time. These waiting list are painfully long.

7. Holly
    Holly January 9, 2015 at 7:26 am | | Reply

Hello again!

Since your response I have taken your advice and signed up my Finn with a DAN. We now see Dr. Neubrander in North Jersey. We have started 6 week clinical trial of MB12 shots every three days. He has gone from talking absolute gibberish to now (although not actually conversing with us fully), to babbling actual words and more real speech patterns in just 4 weeks! His eye contact has improved and he is less anxious around family an friend social events. We still have a long way to go. We’re on a list for developmental pediatrician, were signed up with Early Intervention and just did the Speech and Language Evaluation.

Your website pushed me to do more research about BIOMED and options I didn’t even know were out there Thank you for that! I started my own website to document our journey http://www.findingfinn.com/ and have added your website to my footer as a resource. I am just a mom starting out and don’t know too much about all of this and your site is so informative and helpful! Thank you!!!

8. G
    G February 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm | | Reply

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the lovely website.

Quick question for you – does the 23andme test reveals anything about health. I have been on the website and it looks like they just test the DNA.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    G

9. Janice Lister
    Janice Lister September 18, 2015 at 2:29 pm | | Reply

I saw your comment about your son having BHMT mutations. I have my grandsons 23and me and looked up his BHMT and he has ++ mutations in 02,04 and 08. We have no DAN doctors in Utah could you tell me if your son has the same thing and how much TMG does he take? He also has ++ for MAO A R297R dont know if you know anything about that or not thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks so much,
    Janice

10. Lisa
    Lisa April 7, 2016 at 4:29 pm | | Reply

HI Kimberly

Can i ask you how you knew your didn’t do well with chelators? Just asking as doing the ACC protocol and going low and slow. He also has a CBS +- — so i am wondering if there is an issue there. Love your posts really informative, Im trying to understand more re mutations. thanks Lisa

11. rita
    rita June 25, 2016 at 9:35 pm | | Reply

Hi what did you use for bathtime, and things for the house did you go completely organic, but mostly for baths what did you use for your son…did you do clay baths?