Autism Tests We Did

dhaAutism Testing We Did

Kryptopyrrole Quantitative Urine

We use this lab for testing for Pyroluria.  Which is a genetic metabolic disorder. You can read about the condition here.   I myself tested positive for it.  We also ordered zinc plasma, copper serum and ceruloplasmin serum. No doctors order needed.  Which is a huge bonus.   Order here

Genova Diagnostics NutrEval is the mother of all Organic Acid Tests (OAT) This test provided so much information for us.  It measures yeast, gut dysbiosis, nuerotransmitters,oxidative stress, metals, vitamin levels, and so much more!  Worth it’s weight in gold.  Our insurance has even covered this one 100%! This test requires blood and urine. A great test to do if you child has been diagnosed with autism or any other condition on the autism spectrum

ONE-FMV-Web-Logo

Genova Diagnostics ONE FMV think of this one as a “mini” NutrEval, and is a bit cheaper.  However leaves off the amino acids information.  Which is okay if you have done a test like the NutrEval a year earlier.  This test still provides all the info of vitamin levels, yeast, nuerotransmitter levels, oxidative stress, mito dysfunction etc.   This test is also urine only!  No blood draw.   A good test to do a year after NutrEval.

Genova Diagnostics CDSA test for digestion and absorption, bacterial balance and metabolism, yeast and immune status for patients with irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, malabsorption, and other GI-related problems. Additionally, Genova offers a parasitology component with the CDSA test that evaluates for parasites using microscopic examination and EIA testing. This test requires a stool sample. (blah)

Alletess is great for testing food/environmental allergies AND sensitivities!  We re-do this test every year.  Costs around $150 (kit is $10) but insurance sometimes will pick up part of the tab.  This test is done with blood.

23andMe can help you find out if your child has a MTHFR gene mutation and many other mutations.  Anthony has a BHMT muation.  This basically means he was not methylating properly.  We put Anthony on TMG because  for this reason and it gave him normal speech and stopped his sensory issues. It also Reports on 240+ health conditions and traits. This test requires saliva.

neuroGene Savvy is another genetic testing company.  The Gene Savvy test gave us some very interesting information and informed us that Anthony has a condition that impacts his bodies abilities to balance glucose and insulin.    Gene Savvy is committed to helping physicians, families, and children suffering with neurological disorders. Test results provide your doctor with genetic information to help diagnose disease and guide treatment decisions. Genetic testing can lead to positive changes or, in some cases, major improvements in a child’s quality of life.   This test requires saliva.

Additional testing from local labs:

Strep Titers! Your local lab can do this one.  They will test ASO and DNase titers.  Great to see if your child possibly has PANDAS

Ferritin

liver levels

CBC

insulin

Complete Thyroid panel

Iodine & Selenium

A1C and fasting glucose

1. Sarah
    Sarah February 13, 2014 at 4:45 pm | | Reply

This website is just awesome! I’m kicking myself for not discovering it sooner! My son was diagnosed right after his second birthday. He will be three in June and I feel like everything I’ve done so far has been a waste of time because we haven’t had any tests done regarding his gut. Thank you sooo much for creating this website! I hope someday Ill be able to share a similar story about my son. 🙂

2. tonya markley
    tonya markley May 3, 2014 at 10:15 am | | Reply

Dear Kimberly, I just called our family drs office asking them to order a ONE fmv and MTHFR panel. The nurse knew nothing and said I need to print off specific reason I think these test should be ordered for my son, abbreviation for fmv, can you help or know of website? 23 & me doesn’t do health labs anymore but I found Quest labs does a MTHFR panel, possibly similar. I still need to find a local lab, lab corp or Quest that does ONE fmv or similar test to tell my drs office. Any other online MAPS drs that do solely skpe and or phone appt.s beside Dr.Woeller. I’m the one you emailed on generation rescue. thanks for your website biomedheals! Tonya

3. Cassie
    Cassie July 1, 2014 at 9:58 am | | Reply

Hello,

Are you all still using B12 shots?

4. Samira
    Samira July 6, 2014 at 11:22 am | | Reply

Hi Kimberley.THank you for sharing your story.my son was recently diagnosed with autism.i have just done the 23andme just wAiting for results.i have 2 questions is the one test and the oats? does dr woeller understand methylation?

5. Samira
    Samira July 21, 2014 at 4:39 pm | | Reply

Hi Kimberley

Do you know if dr woeller can interpret 23andme?

6. Hodz
    Hodz July 30, 2014 at 6:04 pm | | Reply

Hi Kimberley

I have run 23andme through livewellio and under the methylation part its showing lots of red mutations however when i ran it through genetic genie its only showing 2 red mutations . I was wondering if you happened to know which one would be correct?

7. Hodz
    Hodz August 3, 2014 at 1:13 pm | | Reply

Hi Kimberly

T have uploaded via livewellio and it showing me lots like clotting detox etc and also methylation but genetic genie is showing me exactly what Anthony results are all the mutation the picture that you have posted

8. Ashley
    Ashley September 5, 2014 at 10:18 am | | Reply

OMG, i am so glad I found this site. The way your Anthony WAS sounds just like my son now. I am totally overwhelmed. WOuld you be willing to talk off-line to me?

9. Marilyn
    Marilyn December 31, 2014 at 7:24 am | | Reply

Thanks so much for putting up tis website. you are a true heroine! I have three kids with autism, 5,3 and 2. All still in diapers. I have been going to OT and speech therapy with the oldest one for over two years now with results. I ran a cross your website today and lord, don’t I have hope for my kids! I will started by testing first before I start supplements because there are just too many to know exactly what to give and I really don’t have much time to waste. My oldest one will be 6 in three months. I know you have touched a lot of families around the globe and just wanted to thank you.
    Do you know if there is anything that helps with the wandering/elopement/bolting behavior? All my kids are really into this and I am so scared something is going to happen to them if they cant stop this and what can I do to get them potty trained? I have tried everything under the sun and they just cant get it. Thanks!

10. Marilyn
    Marilyn December 31, 2014 at 7:27 am | | Reply

sorry I meant I tried therapy with no results. They still cant talk, OCD super ADHD name they got it!

11. Ina
    Ina February 22, 2016 at 1:22 am | | Reply

How does Great Plains Lab testing (quality and comprehensiveness) compare to Genova?

12. Jennifer
    Jennifer March 15, 2016 at 11:10 am | | Reply

I had a allergy skin test done with Kaizer for my daughter, which showed she was not allergic to gluten and casein, I am not convinced, I am thinking of doing a blood test for food allergies with alletess, and also the OATS test with Genova, Did you do all the tests mentioned on the Alletess website for Anthony? I also see that the OATS test looks for yeast infections so does the Alletess test, were there specific Alletess tests you did for Anthony?

Thanks much, you are Godsend, I am talking to Healthcoach7 and figuring out a path to cure my daughter, it would not have been possible without this website.

13. Sskl
    Sskl May 14, 2016 at 11:31 pm | | Reply

Hi Kimberly

i need to get the test done for my 3 years old daughter – with autistic spectrum
    we are in Malaysia, any idea how this test can be done,
    and which test is the best to do

14. Sskl
    Sskl May 16, 2016 at 9:22 pm | | Reply

Hi Kimberly

the OAT test ( Organic acid test), is it best to do for plasma( blood) or urine ?

15. Sskl
    Sskl May 18, 2016 at 1:01 am | | Reply

Hi

To do the Nutreval FMV test, do i have to stop all her supplements to get a baseline?

16. Sskl
    Sskl May 18, 2016 at 6:03 pm | | Reply

thanks. i will off eyerything before taking the sample

for Courtagen test – which panel did u do:

devSEEK Triome or devSEEK or devACT,

is mitochondrial testing included in this test or needed to order separately like mtSEEK or nucSEEK?

for courtagen test do u have to off all the supplements?
    im planning to do the courtagen test first

17. Sskl
    Sskl May 31, 2016 at 1:32 am | | Reply

hi
    i have contacted courtagen agent over here.
    yes, this test is available here. unfortunately our insurance is not covered for this.
    we have to take out our saving for this.
    i can only choose whether devACT with methylation SNP OR devSEEK with methylation SNP.
    (23andme is not available here).

I have to choose one of these first, then maybe a year later for the other .
    based on your experience which one should i choose devACT or devSEEK first? off course methylation SNP is a must .

is it true devACT is for treatable organic cause while devSEEK is just for the diagnosis and support
    ps share your experience

18. Eunice Punzalan
    Eunice Punzalan June 6, 2016 at 2:15 am | | Reply

Good day. May I ask, how much do all of these tests cost? I’m from the Philippines. Thanks very much.

19. Sskl
    Sskl June 10, 2016 at 7:19 am | | Reply

Hi
    For the IgG Allergy test, did u do the dried blood spot or the serum sample from venous blood draw?
    Did u expose him to all the food so that the IgG would show in the blood if he is allergic to it?

20. Sskl
    Sskl June 29, 2016 at 12:36 am | | Reply

hi
    i got the IgG food test back.
    It really surprised me. my daughter eats half boiled egg everyday, chicken soup every other day , everyday food has lentils , rice, a lot of vegetables, fruits. totally gluten free, casein free, malt free
    She tested – +4 for egg yolk, +3 for milk, +1 for chicken, +1 for lentil and malt , none to rice/vege/fruits
    She is allergic to the 3 main foods she takes everyday, eggs, chicken, lentil
    which are all proteins,
    which makes me think, does she have leaky gut, causing the proteins to escape to blood before it gets digested in the intestine ( acting as secondary allergens)
    Or these foods are her primary allergens in the first place and she has been taking it everyday by chance .
    Is Dr Catanzaro good in allergy as well ?

21. Sskl
    Sskl June 30, 2016 at 6:43 pm | | Reply

Hi
    after taking probiotics and digestive enzymes
    my daughters stool is more dark coloured, ( dark browm to blackish colour), more formed
    before it used to be light brown,semi solid
    did u experience the same ?

22. Jill
    Jill September 21, 2016 at 8:48 am | | Reply

Hi Kimberly
    We have been to 2 different functional doctors for my son on the spectrum- who actually sounds very similar to all struggles your son had _ w severe apraxia – we have seen some improvement but not anything like your story – we feel we have not gotten deep enough to find root cause – we’ve done several anti fungal/ Bactria treatments, probiotics, gf and cf diet , restricted sugar, vision therapy currently, many vitamin & fish oil supplements, b12 shots, adrenal support, heavy metal detox, mold detox, and we have yet to have any kind of breakthrough- all sensory challenges still there- flapping, jumping, turning objects, he has to have a personal aid in kindergarten to help him- he quite behind academically but sure loves school and kids! Loving and no behavior issues- but still not speaking in sentences- so when I read stories of healing I am desperate to get to the root and finally help Andrew break free! So I was confused – do we need to find a dans doctor as well as the health coach 7? We currently see a functional dr – who specializes in this a bit – but feel we not seen results! Can u give me a step by step w doctors I should now switch too- to help us find answers like u did! Thank u sooo much !
    Jill – mom : )

23. Jill
    Jill September 21, 2016 at 5:00 pm | | Reply

No we have not done that test- I will look into it- where did u do the oxygen treatment- I think u mentioned that was a huge thing u did? Also if u were to say the biggest breakthroughs u experienced with your son – what treatments were they? We hear stories of healing but just can’t get there and we’ve tryed so much – I think we need to get to the deeper root cause- and I am inspired to not give up leading your story – I so appreciate your sharing this w us

24. CSE
    CSE September 27, 2016 at 8:37 am | | Reply

My son is also diagnosed with autism with no speech. I started him on the gcfc diet and moved on to eliminiate sensitive foods based on his food panel test. He’s on probiotics, vitamin d, and b12. I came across your site and am interested in exploring more but my husband is very against anything that might be invasive/unsafe. Do you think you can give me suggestions on how I can be sure that the treatments are 100 percent safe? I would love to talk more. Thanks.

25. Cse
    Cse September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm | | Reply

Thank you for the great information. I called Coach7 to set up an appointment and will be ordering a 23andme test. Can’t wait to start on it!

1 2 3